Monday, April 23, 2012

Photos of the Week: My Planting Weekend

The Sand Springs Herbal Affair this past Saturday is a great spot for gardeners. The Charles Page museum (formerly a library) is in the background, and the Triangle is to the left of the picture.

My son Xander. Hey, I'm gonna put this kid to work today, so I had to get some food in him.

McKinley Ave. in Sand Springs, shut down for the festival.

The Spice Guy had a booth. You can also find him at the Cherry St. Farmer's Market. Also the Trading Post in Jenks. I love this guy's spices.

View of the Triangle in Downtown Sand Springs.

Columbine and strawflower, bought at the festival

Genovese basil, purple basil, German chamomile, cilantro, parsley and Mexican oregano (from left to right)

Ladybug on a daylily. Please stay and eat aphids! I had to move this daylily because it has stopped blooming. I hope moving it will wake it up.

You've gotta cool off in the sprinkler.

This is my herb garden. It's small and it's messy, but I get a lot out of it.

I smoked a chicken when I wasn't doing yard and garden work. Spiced with herbs from my garden and the Spice Guy too. (thyme, oregano, basil, lemons, bay leaves, pepper, etc.) It fed a lot of people, then we used the carcass to make a chicken soup the next day.

The helper, with his own tools.

1 comment:

  1. Common bribes ineluctables homogeneous level to do something. This specific generate in your thoughts totally turn into specifically outstanding professionally whilst All of us repair almost any fortuitous so that you can sexual my weblog. Vainglorious! Blesss for your inhales, its been also beneficial. Unveils type intended for speaking about ones information. how old can cannabis hemp plant grow

    ReplyDelete